Thursday, June 14, 2012

This time around...

Sometimes, I'm really surprised at how differently I see things this time. I was dreading counting calories, and here I am two weeks into it, and getting more comfortable with it every day.

This time around, I don't really want a "cheat day". I did it the first weekend after I started the calorie counting (which was actually 2 days after I began), and I felt SO awful. I didn't go that crazy, but it was enough to give me an upset stomach and raging heartburn. Still, the second Saturday, I did it again. Same story. Hard headed, much? This weekend, there won't be any cheat day. It'll just be business as usual. Today was a little lax, because it was my hubby's birthday, and who am I to pass up cake? But I had just the one slice, and adjusted my cals earlier in the day to allow for it.

Who am I? I certainly don't recognize myself. But every day that I stick to that calorie goal, every day I work out, leaves me wanting to keep going. It's a very new reality for me, and not something I expected.

This time around, I find myself making choices instead of depriving myself. I'm okay with it when I pick up a much-loved food and decide the taste of it just won't be worth the calories involved. I'm truly seeing it as a decision, which feels really good.

I'm so close to the 230's I can taste it...and it tastes a lot better than chocolate cake, I can tell you that! I can't actually remember the last time the number on the scale started with a 23-. While it makes me sad that it's still that high, getting down out of the 240's is a mini milestone. I really really want to see 230 by my kids' birthdays at the end of July. I'd love to hit my 30th birthday in the 220's (even if it's just 229!).

After my second week of calorie counting, the weight loss stands at 6 pounds. Inches lost are 3 off my waist, and 2.5 off my hips.

Slow and steady wins the race. And I aim to win it, this time around.

2 comments: