Friday, June 8, 2012

Stats Update



Weight loss this week: 4.6 pounds (I know, right?)
Waist total: 2.5"
Hips total: 2"

Waist and hips measurments have been taken since I started Zumba, and my weight loss total (since January - minus 2 months of plateau) is 30.6! 

I can hardly believe it. I feel a lot like this journey has started with baby steps, which was maybe my problem all the other times I tried. I'd jump in and try to make it stick, without really giving myself any time to adjust. 

In some ways it's been frustrating, as progress comes and goes, and when it does happen, it's slow. But I know I'm different. I know I see things differently today than I did 5 months ago, or even 1 month ago. I'm making choices, not "denying" myself. I actually enjoy working out. (Ha! I never even saw that one coming.) I count calories, and it's not driving me crazy. All good, positive changes that will help me keep this up. 

And one other fun bonus...I got an early birthday present from my MIL: shoes for Zumba!


I was using my running shoes...just a little too much traction. 

So excited!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new shoes! Congrats on the progess, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete