Friday, June 22, 2012

Breaking through

It happened. The number started with a 2 and a 3.

239.6 to be exact.

I wish I could adequately express on this blog what it meant to see that number, what it means to leave the 240's. I've not seen this decade on my scale in 5 years. FIVE. That's a really long time.

Every once in a while, my brain reminds me that I still have a looong way to go. But I force those thoughts away because I'm starting to have hope that I can really do this. I mean, I am doing this, but it still hasn't really sunk in. I think I've come to expect myself to fail - as I have so many, many times - and I can't even really convince myself that I can do this all the way, once and for all.

But that's what I have to do. I have to kick this. I have to get healthy. That's why I have this blog...to stay accountable to myself, and to you.

Now it's time for some kickboxing!!

2 comments: