Sunday, March 25, 2012

Oh hey, I didn't see you there...

Riiight. It's been a while. But. BUT!!! I have good news!

I am down 26 pounds. TWENTY. SIX.

I think I finally feel okay telling the internet where my weight started. 271. Oh lordy. I'm not even really sure that's where it started, since for a while I couldn't even bring myself to get on the scale. But once I talked myself into it, that's what I saw. Since my previous "highest weight ever" was around 250, seeing that number was...awful.

December was a crapshoot. With the holidays and traveling to South Carolina, it was not easy to check my eating. January proved to be better. Mostly, I decided to completely cut out fast food for a while. Yeah, it was a multiple times per week occurrence. It was hard in the beginning, but after a while the cravings went away, and these days it's harder to eat it (which is rare, anymore) than to not eat it. So, hey! Success.

Since that point, my weight has steadily been coming down a couple pounds per week. I haven't been doing anything really remarkable, but in addition to the elimination of fast food, I've been trying to cook more at home, and really commit to moderation. I haven't denied myself anything per se, but I have gotten used to having a small handful of chips, or a fun size bag of M&M's, instead of giant quantities. And I've found myself craving them less since I'm not overindulging on a regular basis.

It's been so gradual that I really didn't notice the point when I stopped being overly hungry during the day, or craving bad-for-me snacks/desserts. I didn't notice when my stomach was no longer growling a few hours after dinner. It just kind of occurred to me one day that those things were no longer commonplace. It was really nice.

So, 245. It's at this point that I am going to add exercise. Instead of the Couch to 5K, I'm just going to start with the elliptical machine. I don't want a repeat of the patellar tendon injury by doing too much too fast (and while too heavy). But that is one thing I want to try again, and finish.

One step at a time. For now, I'm just relishing being under 250 again.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for being honest about your weight. It's so hard to admit in public where we are weight wise. I have yet to do that. I posted pictures though (gag). I currently don't have a scale because I tend to become obsessed with the numbers and it brings me down.

    ReplyDelete